Monday, July 25, 2011

blah, blah, it is hot, blah

This is turning into a strange summer.  One of those summers that the only thing anyone ever talks about is the weather.  How hot it is (very, very, very), how much is hasn't rained (little to not at all in months!), when it could rain again (people are actually hoping for a hurricane!), when it will cool off (January?)...and no one seems to mind talking about it.  It is just all there is.  Front and center, in everyone's mind.

Did you know there is actual research that says people's seratonin levels drop in heat, therefore making people crankier?  There are stories about how baseball umpires are ejecting more players when the heat rises.  Then there are stories about how cities in Texas are running out of water, literally. 

Here in Tulsa, we are under voluntary water restrictions, which means, to me, stop watering your lawn in the middle of the day, right?  I guess not everyone thinks that though.  Our neighborhood association still waters the public lawns in the middle of the day, which just irritates me.  They are the ones who sent everyone an email telling us about the water restrictions!  Sigh.

I guess people talk about it because we are hoping it is just a fluke.  As in, it won't last much longer.  The heat will go away soon, right?  (Not for us--we are under heat warnings until Saturday).  The rain will come again, surely? I know I'm not the only one hoping so.

***

In lighter news, Rhett is reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  I'm beyond excited for him.  Last night, he read the first ten pages and said, "This book is awe-some! I can't stop reading!"  Love!

We watched Captain America this weekend, so we are all ready for Avengers, which comes out next summer.  I never thought I would watch so many superhero movies in my life.  Perk of being a mom of boys I guess.   :)

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, I hear that OK is in for some rain today?? Or maybe that was just our weather guy getting excited because those were the closest clouds to LBK?!?!

Christy

Krista said...

I just have to say...it's hot!