Monday, March 29, 2010

don't tell my kids about this

Saturday, our church held their Easter Egg Hunt.  We didn't go.

Look, I am all for having Easter Egg Hunts early.  Well, not really.  Seriously, I wasn't ready.  We went to church yesterday and during Children's Moment, the lovely children's minister asked what next week was and my kids probably had no clue.  What?  Easter is here?  Already?

At least that is what I thought.  So when a friend at our soccer game on Saturday asked if we were going to hunt Easter Eggs that day, I balked.  First, it was just awful outside.  Windy, cold and rainy.  Baa.  Second, it wasn't Easter yet! 

Am I making too big of deal out of this?  Maybe.  I said to my friend that I wish they could have it on Easter or even the day before.  She said, "Oh.  I guess.  But I am sure they have a hard time fitting it all in."  I don't see.

Luckily, our neighborhood is having an Easter Egg Hunt this coming Saturday.  The day before Easter.  And if we happen to miss that, I will hide Easter eggs in our backyard filled with goodies.  Unless it is cold. Then it will be inside.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Our church doesn't do Easter Egg hunts. Why? I don't know.

Our town, however, has one...but it was two weeks ago. We missed it because who would've guessed that it would be held two weeks before Palm Sunday?

So it will just be Mallory and Phoebe hunting eggs in the back yard, I guess.

H Noble said...

I'm so with you on this one. And honestly, I prefer hiding and hunting eggs at my parents's house, where there are just a few kids, and if we want to hide them over and over and over again, we can.