Tuesday, March 02, 2010

32 going on 12, maybe 13

Yesterday, my son, Rhett, brought home a surprise for me.  It actually made me laugh at loud and then marvel at how much he must love to make me happy.

It was this

He said he won it at his class auction that they have every month.  They use "Buffalo Bucks" that they earn throughout the month for turning in their homework on time or keeping their desk neat, ect. 

He dropped 70 Buffalo Bucks on it.

Of course, my poster is a little worse for wear.  It has creases from being folded into the size of a sheet of paper.  It has pin holes from being hung up on a wall.  There is even a slight tear near the bottom. 

Which makes me wonder:

What girl decided she no longer liked Edward aka Robert Pattinson enough to hang on her wall?
Who took his place?
Was it Jacob?
Or maybe the heartthrob from Dear John or maybe it was Justin Bieber?
Or maybe she just redecorated her room when she decided she was too old to have posters of cute guys on her wall.

I remember who was on my walls when I was younger. 

Mike aka Kirk Cameron
Michael J. Fox in his Back to the Future Days

Sigh

I have strayed from my original thought.  Which is that Rhett beat out a third grade girl for this poster just for me.  I asked him why.  He said, "I knew Twilight makes you happy."

I will keep this poster (not on a wall, darn it) as a reminder that my son will stand teasing from other kids in his class to buy a poster for his mom.  And I won't think too hard about what this actually says about me.  :)

He is going to be a great boyfriend someday.

Fun Question:  If you were in my position, who would you wish were on your poster?

4 comments:

Krista said...

Aw, that's sweet.

Mine would be Daniel Day Lewis in The Last of the Mohicans. Didn't have to think twice about that.

Karen said...

Rhett is such a sweet kid! Lucky you.

Paul Newman in any movie he was ever in!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so cute...all Connor has brought home for me lately are dirty clothes (yes, we are potty training!)

Back in the day...I was a huge 90210fan, Brandon, Dylan...now, I'm not so sure??

Christy

Andrea said...

What a sweetie! I love that he did that for you!
I wouldn't mind that Rob poster, myself. Or John Krasinski. Such a cutie!