Tuesday, July 27, 2010

where in the world am I?*

*Actually, I haven't been much anywhere but my mom sure has.  She is still in Germany, enjoying her world travels with my grandmother.  I have just been a lazy blogger...sorry.


(image from Dvice)

I walked into Barnes & Noble the other day and bought a Nook.  When the whole e-reader thing came out, I didn't want to have anything to do with them.  I can't really tell you why.  But then the Apple iPad came out and I really wanted it.  But because it is $500, I decided that I don't really have to have it.  I decided what I wanted from the iPad, I could also get from the Nook and now I have the Nook.  This really is a long, boring story but I haven't blogged in such a long time, I thought I should blog something. 

Anyway, love the Nook.  Love my cover. 

What else is going on?  Let's see, a lot and not much all at the same time.  We have about 2 1/2 weeks left before school starts and I need to get those kids enrolled! They are getting nervous about school, I can tell, but I am sure they will be fine.  I keep telling myself they will be fine.

I am about to begin painting.  We are going to start in the living area and kitchen.  I promise I will take a picture of the before and post it on here in a couple of days.  Then of course, the after picture when we're done. 

But before I begin, I have to go get paint.  And that means a trip to Lowe's.  With the boys.  Not fun. 

Talk to you soon...




2 comments:

H Noble said...

You're back! And congrats on your new purchase. Hope you enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Yea! I missed you! Regarding the Nook...did you just sort of feel that you needed the actual book in your hands? That is how I feel... although, downloading what you want immediately sounds great!

Christy