Wednesday, July 28, 2010

before the great living room redo

Behold! House pictures, finally.  So in the following images, you will see our living room.  I will love this room when it is finished.  Very much so.  I like it now.  But paint and more curtains are needed. (I haven't told Seth about the curtains yet).


Oh and eventually, a new coffee table will be there as well.  But that may be a while.  Anyway, what you see on the walls are paint samples of two colors. Two stones, one rolling, one hot.  (Hot stone is the lighter, gray color; Rolling Stone is the darker).  More than you would like to know? Perhaps.  But if you have any opinions on paint colors, let me know.  So far, I am leaning away from Hot stone.  Too gray. 



This wall so far is empty.  I think it will be a good wall for family pictures.  We may also put a table of some sort.  I don't know.



I am most excited for what is going above the mantel.  You'll just have to wait and see....







4 comments:

H Noble said...

This is a great family room! Full of possibilities! :)

Krista said...

I like the more greenish color (at least it looks greenish to me). Like your fireplace too -- cool stones. LOVE the built-in shelves.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too like the darker...it seems that you have a pretty large window there so the color would be dark & cozy when the curtains are closed & would lighten up when open.

I am very interested in the teaser!!

Keep the pics coming...I love this stuff - like HGTV on your blog!

Christy

Anonymous said...

love the new house - will look even better with your talented touch. I need to hire you to consult on my home when you are finished with yours :-) Can't wait to see it one of these days. Scott said it was so very nice. Melissa