Monday, April 11, 2011

sharing a list of loves today

I wish I could say that I was so busy last week, that it flew by so fast, I totally didn't have a chance to blog.  But, that really isn't true.  I was kind of lazy last week.  Fighting allergies, the blahs, whatever.  Anyway, here's hoping this week will be better.

Things I'm loving right now:

Netflix.  We have an account now and I am so loving it right now.  I can watch things on my IPad while the boys are watching something else on the tv! Right now, I am enjoying 30 Rock (can I say that I love that show and have never watched it before now? But it is so funny) and we've already enjoyed (or not depending on what it was) 4 movies.  4!  I feel like I have to break up with Blockbuster though.  Imagine, will you, me sitting Mr. B down and giving him a coke from his own chilled beverage holder that is at the checkout counter and saying, "Look, I know we've had good times.  You were there during my True Blood marathon.  You had some great movie selections.  And in the last couple of years, you didn't charge late fees.  But, you are pretty expensive.  And there is that whole bankruptsy thing going on...I mean, how long are you still going to be around?  Plus, your "guaranteed" titles weren't always there.  In fact, more often than not, they were all gone.  So, this is good-bye.  And good luck."


My Aladdin water bottle.  Since moving to Tulsa, I started buying bottled water again and  until recently, just didn't care.   Then I started feeling guilty again so I stopped cold turkey but found I wasn't drinking enough during the day.  I basically filled my glass half full then drank a sip, then forgot for an hour or two.  Plus, you can't really take a glass with you whereever you go.  So I tried filling my Camelback water bottle up with water but (and this is where I reveal something weird about me that I only recently figured out) I don't like drinking water from anything but clear cups or glasses! Because my blue Camelback would just sit there, untouched too.  Instead of reverting back to bottled water, though, I bought a clear water bottle, which is also BPA free.  So I am happily drinking water again. 

The fact that there is only 6 (or maybe 7) weeks of school left.  Yay! I am looking forward to summer, very much so. 

My sister Krista's crochet critters.  Look on her blog (link off to the side) and you too will fall in love with the cuteness.

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How & when do you find time to watch so many movies?! I have a long list, but never seem to find the time. However, rented Black Swan last weekend...not a fan. Seen that one? Obviously you liked TBlood - Casey & I both really like Dexter.

What do ya'll have planned for summer vacation?

Christy

Krista said...

I just started watching 30 Rock this year too, and it is hilarious. Do you watch Mr Sunshine? Also very funny.

Yay for the approach of summer -- I'm so tired of school, and so are my rotten children.

Anonymous said...

Um, sorry -- I just reread and you already told us "when" you watch your shows!

Christy