Monday, October 10, 2011

I have a fractured tailbone.

How's that for an opening line?  I could have said, "Here's a story for you, sprinkled with irony" and then tell you how I fell, not from a horse, but because of my two dumb dogs.  And because of my two dogs making me fall, I have to give up horseback riding for awhile. 

It would be here I could spout out that line, "When life gives you lemons..." but honestly, sometimes I don't want to make lemonade.  You know? 

It hurt. And I was mad.  I was frustrated and just so unhappy that this happened to me last Thursday night.  When it happened, I immediately started crying and didn't stop for about an hour. 

But, four days later, I am trying to get over it.  It still hurts and will probably hurt for quite awhile.  I still haven't quite forgiven my dogs, even though they don't know that and I guess I know they didn't mean to amd all that and thank God it was me it happened to and not one of the boys. 

Where was I?  Oh yeah, getting over it.  Not quite there yet.  But I am trying.  I know I can't do some things (like paint my bedroom or plant my bulbs or aforementioned horseback riding) but I am finding other things to do.  Like making wreaths.  I made one already and am in the process of making another.  Catching up on reading books.  Browsing Pinterest.  Watching tv.  Decorating for fall. 

It would be here where I should say, "It could be worse." but how about I say, "Thank God it wasn't worse."

I'm going to go pick up my mess from making wreaths now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your fall. Hope you have a speedy recovery--it is very painful.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Good grief! So sorry for you - I'll bet it is painful. WIshing you a speedy and productive recovery.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Wow. So sorry! I'd be mad too. Do you have to sit on an inflatable donut?? :)
Jana