Monday, November 07, 2011

November

I got on the Internet to see if I could get inspired for what to cook for dinner and decided to pop in and say hi.  I haven't been a very good blogger these past few months.  I couldn't tell you why except that Pinterest, kids, painting, laundry, planting bulbs and other things have taken precedent. 

But I can tell you some things to catch up.

  1. Noah is getting glasses.  He has wanted them for so many years and it turns out he really needs them.  He is near-sighted and the doctor said he could go another year but turns out, Noah has trouble seeing 3-D images.  Which led me to ask, "You couldn't see 3-D during all those times we went to a 3-D movie?"  Nope.  Mother of the year, here folks.  I felt so bad.  How many blurry movies was he going to sit through before he finally realized that it wasn't supposed to be blurry?  Who knows.  That kid.
  2. Earthquake! We had an honest-to-goodness Earthquake (I can't type it without capitalizing it, it was that !!!) here in Oklahoma.  Walls shaking, rumbling...a very strange thing to go through.  This year has been one crazy year as far as Mother Nature has been concerned. 
  3. Rhett didn't make his reading goal this past week and had to be a commoner on their fictional boat.  A commoner! He said he wished he could have been a servant instead.  I don't know how servants are better off than commoners but I felt bad nonetheless. 
  4. My bedroom is painted and beautiful.  Well, not right now.  Right now there is laundry everywhere.  But when it is beautiful again I will take pictures. 
  5. November is here.  Wow. 
  6. All the bulbs are not planted yet.  I'm running out of time but it is such tedious work.
  7. I finished 1984 by George Orwell for book club and it made me mad. I guess that was the point?
  8. It is rainy outside.  Perfect fall weather. 

Til next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the bedroom color! So when do you take a kid to the eye doctor for the first time?

Christy