Thursday, October 02, 2008

a little reward

...The other day I was folding laundry that was piled on the couch and when I reached the bottom of the pile, I found this:

A sticky note heart drawn by Noah. I am pretending it was his little way of saying "Thanks Mom for doing laundry and folding my clothes for me every week." But I guess I'll take the simple "I love you" too.

***
My kids are known as the "funny kids" at their doctor's office. I don't know why. Could it be that last February, Rhett wore his homemade George Washington wig to a doctor's appointment and when asked about it, he answered, "What? It's George Washington's birthday!"? Maybe. When I called this morning, as soon as I said their names, the receptionist cracked up and told me she remembers that. This is a big office too. I am glad my kids are so memorable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Special children can bring such happiness to others! Those are the ones you remember most. Sandy

Krista said...

It's good that they're remembered for being funny, instead of being obnoxious or screamy or otherwise unpleasant!