Thursday, October 09, 2008

orange you glad I blogged today?

...This week has been a little busy so I haven't had the chance to blog. Or if I had time, I didn't want to sit down and organize my thoughts to write a post. But here I am today. This will be a little random so bear with me.

Projects:
Noah decided he wanted to repaint his room. He had outgrown the cartoonish feel of his room and animated superheroes. So we picked out paint together and made a plan and next week I will post the finished outcome. I am still waiting on the finishing touches. Seth said he was a little upset that I was repainting his room, yet again (it has been 2 years, I say), but he really loves the way it is now. It is a big boy room. Of course, Rhett has plans for his own room now. Never ending.

On and off, I have been trying to make a candy wrapper purse. I have figured out the process, but now I am trying to get enough chip bags and such saved. I have found that it is a frustrating project and can see why they are selling for $90 and above. Furthermore, I would fault no one for spending that amount on a bag like it.

Volunteering:
I am a Teacher PAL for the boys' teachers and am really enjoying getting things done for them. It is fun and I feel good knowing that I am helping them.

Though the Sunday School teaching experience started out rough, it is slowly getting better. I think the busier the kids are, the better. I have to say that Noah is one of the best in my class but I think he also knows "Mom's frustrated voice" better than the rest. ;)

Rhett:
Rhett is having fun at school and Cub Scouts. I ate lunch with him and one of his friends yesterday and he thought that was the best. I enjoyed spending time with him and thought his friend was very sweet (he offered to buy my water!) but I had a big problem with the lunch trays. Why? Because they were Styrofoam! And were being thrown away in these huge trash containers. Being a relatively green girl, I am a little appalled. What happened to the reusable lunch trays of my youth? Believe me, I am going to be looking into this. I am on the PTA, you know. (Hee hee)

Rhett is already too big for his britches and I mean that literally. I just bought him jeans in August and they are too short for him. His long sleeved shirts are 3/4 length now. Sigh.

He loves to make others laugh and he finds many things funny himself. He loves to read and play outside. He is very big into fairness--what is not fair, why it is not fair, this person did this and it isn't fair and they should know that it isn't fair and so on. I tell him to relax on many occasions because life isn't always fair. I know, it isn't fair.

Noah:
Given a choice, Noah would rather skip school but I think he has fun while there. He still gets upset very easily, hates waiting and if things don't go his way, watch out. But he is also still very sweet and loving. He loves to play video games and watch tv but he is slowly starting to like playing baseball outside with his brother and he really likes soccer.

Noah has a loose tooth and could not be more excited (until Seth tried to pull it out-then he could not be more upset!). I can't believe he is already getting loose teeth. Is he really that big?

He started an art class today at an Art Institute and he had so much fun but wondered why he was the only boy. I told him I didn't know but was proud of him for doing it. He drew his self-portrait and knows that Mary Cassatt was an artist who wasn't married and didn't have kids. Impressed? Me too.

Until next time...

7 comments:

Toby E. said...

Glad to see you back and all is well.
If you figure out something to solve the use of styrofoam lunch trays, let me know. They have been using them at all the schools my kids have attended since my oldest was in kindergarten, and I too wonder what happen to the rusable ones, it hadn't been that long since I was using them!

Krista said...

A lot of college dining halls are apparently doing away with the reusable trays now, because they use too much water to wash and because they tend to encourage people to take too much food, leading to food waste. However, they're not replacing them with styrofoam; people just have to carry their stuff without a tray. I don't guess that would work very well with elementary school kids, but yeah, styrofoam is a pretty awful alternative.

I am glad you blogged today! :)

Anonymous said...

I had wondered if you had painted yourself into a corner. We don't use the old tray any more either. I really wish they did--it would be much easier for the kids and for the teachers also.
Sandy

H Noble said...

Glad things are going well for you all. You are on the PTA- do something about it!! :)

Cheryl Wray said...

CUTE picture!!!! :-)

Loved reading your fun updates of everyone right now!

Cheryl Wray said...

And oh yeah...Styrofoam is a BAD idea. That's crazy that, in this day age, those things are being used.I also saw that report on how college dining halls are doing away with trays completely; not only is it saving on cleaning water, but also people are eating less so there is less waste of food (if you have to carry everything, you buy less). I thought that was a great idea!

Andrea said...

Hey, Aimee! Just letting you know I "tagged" you on my blog. You can go read it to see what I mean, but basically you are now supposed to share 7 pieces of random information about yourself on your blog. It's kind of fun!

Hope you are doing well and that you have a fantastic day!
:) Andrea