Monday, August 02, 2010

phase one of Repaint/Redo complete

Before:

After:



If you look through the doorway, you will see the entryway into the house. The office is by through the glass doors and the dining room is right where the ladder is. I am painting the entryway and hallways next.

The print I was going to have over the fireplace is being framed right now. I have to wait 2 weeks for it. This is the first time I have ever had something framed professionally. I have learned many things from it and will be better prepared if ever I do it again. (Let's just say sticker shock. I am used to buying frames at Hobby Lobby at half off and if it needs a mat, buy a cheap mat. This wasn't going to work for this print but I am so excited for it.)




I repainted the kitchen the same color (Flax if you want to know) and will post pictures of that as well but I seriously need to clean my kitchen first.  And the rest of the house too.  But that is my life.

My favorite part of repainting is afterward.  You know, when you can sit in your newly painted room and say, "Ahh.  Finally, it feels like home."  And it does now.  No more nail holes that you didn't make yourself.  No more dirty smudges or scrapes that weren't made by your kids.  I know I've got a long way to go to make the rest of the house feel like it is ours, but the one room that we spend most of our time in is finished. We are happy.

4 comments:

H Noble said...

Looks great! Good work!

Anonymous said...

Love it! And yeah, I have had an odd sized print framed and it is expensive!

Christy

Karen said...

Looks great. I can hardly wait to see it!

Framing is expensive. Sometimes you spend more on the frame than on the print!

Anonymous said...

Did you paint the light fixture also? It looks totally different. I like the paint you chose. It goods really good. Sandy