Thursday, September 22, 2011

blessings abound

Today I turned 34.  I've had a very nice day so far.  My husband has given me a small gift everyday this week from flowers to Empire State Building legos.  Ah, to be a mom of boys.  So sweet. 

My boys both said I don't look a day over 20 something, which I think is the best birthday gift they could ever give me.

It's cool and rainy and my friend took me to Panera to have coffee and a bagel.  And she didn't even know it was my birthday!

Facebook makes it seem like you get all these cards in the mail wishing you a happy birthday.  I think it is my favorite part about facebook.  I should probably wish people a happy birthday more often on fb.  Hmm...  Although I did get real birthday cards in the mail and that is even better.  I let Rhett and Noah open them for me because I really get a kick out of watching them try to open envelopes.  They just can't do it.  Hilarious.

I've already gotten several texts from family and friends.  Sweet!

I made cupcakes last night and I'm going to fill them with cinnamon-caramel cream and ice them with ganache later today.  This recipe is actually a cake and is the best cake ever.  I wanted to make cupcakes out of them to see if I could do it. 

Modern Family was new last night and Parks and Rec is new tonight.  So our many other shows.  I love Fall Premiere Week (which most of the time, always falls on the week of my birthday)!!

It's also my brother's bday and I love sharing that with him.  He may think that is terribly cheesy so I won't tell him.

Above all, I realize that the older I get, the more I realize that there is a lot of terrible, sad things that happen every day and that you should celebrate the good things.  Love your family and friends.  Be thankful for them.  Be present. 

Oh happy day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aimee, we hope you have a wonderful day. You are such a blessing to have in our family and to all those who know you. You deserve only the best.
Love ya,
Sandy