Tuesday, October 06, 2009

ramblings from the seat beside the sick bed

...Since Rhett is sick with the flu (yes, THE flu that everyone is talking about), we have been pretty much stuck inside for 4 days. Which isn't a bad thing because I've gotten all the laundry done and I haven't spent much money. So there is that.

Rhett doesn't like soup so I have been eating it for him. I ate Chicken Tortilla soup for 3 meals in a row and today for lunch, I had Chicken Noodle soup. Rhett has been drinking sprite, gatorade and eating Honey Nut Chex, without the milk. Seriously, that is all he will eat.

All Rhett wants to do is watch tv, so I've let him. I mean, what else is there to do when you feel bad? Right now I am making him try to take a nap because yesterday he didn't take one until he passed out at 5:30 and then didn't wake up again until the morning. I hear him moving around though, so that must mean he is starting to feel better because he is not wanting to go to sleep.

He does still have a slight fever which means he won't be going to school tomorrow. I dread that day. He will feel better by then (fingers crosses) and therefore will be bored the entire day. I'll have to think of something fun to do. But still relatively calm because he is supposed to rest.

I talked to my mom yesterday and she recalled the 6 weeks she was stuck inside the house while her four kids had the chicken pox, one at a time. 6 weeks. And this was before the Wii. Or the DS.

But that is what moms do. (Or dads). And that is all I've got to say today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Rhett is sick. I have had 4 students out the last 2 days and won't be back until Thursday. Guess the flu is everywhere. We got flu shots today--I spray my room when the kids aren't in it. Hope I can keep away from it. Sandy

Anonymous said...

We are crossing our fingers that it stays away from our house -- hope Rhett is better soon!

Christy

Krista said...

Poor Rhett. When can he go back to school? Someone here told me that her kids would have to be fever free for a WEEK before they could go back. She might have had her facts wrong, because that sounds a bit ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Hope he is better tomorrow and that no one else gets it!! MKH

H Noble said...

Hope he's feeling better soon and the rest of you don't get it!