Wednesday, October 28, 2009

why I haven't blogged

THINK GREEN

This is what I've been up to.  A Think Green Initiative at our school is in full swing and because I am chair (why did I want to be chair again?), I have been up to the school almost as much as my kids.  I have also been at the computer going through names and emails because we are going to Email Correspondence instead of hard copies of notes.  About 75% of the families are on board which is great, but that means I am seeing names in my sleep.  Besides that, I am excited.  We are also doing a Mile of Magazine Drive through the month of November and December.  We need to collect 5600 magazines.  That is 8 per child.  I have about 40 here at the house, so my kids are more than covered.

What else? 

Two of my good friends and neighbors are moving away.  What makes it worse is that they have kids who are good buddies with my boys.  So we have been sad around here.  Very happy for them and their new opportunities but sad that we won't see them in the everyday setting anymore. 

We are winding down our sports for the fall.  Noah wanted to play basketball in the winter, but I promised we would find something fun to do if we didn't.  Does that make me a bad mom?  I don't think so.  I just think we need a break.  Going to 2 different practices and 2 games a week is tiring. 

So that is why I haven't been blogging.  I'm too busy thinking green.  And being sad.  And driving kids around. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear from you -- and you do sound busy!

Christy

Anonymous said...

Who else is moving? Andy and Erin? Seth mentioned they might move. Glad everyone is okay. Sandy

Krista said...

Way to go on the green team...and I'm sorry about your friends moving away. (Maybe you should move to my town where you'll have built-in friends. Ha!)

H Noble said...

Ah, no excuses! :) You do sound busy but good stuff!

Sorry about your neighbors/friends.