Thursday, October 08, 2009

you'll like this post

...So, have you noticed anything? :) I decided I was bored with my blog layout and did something about it. It helps when you can't go anywhere because your child is home sick.

Which leads me to this--Rhett is back at school today! Feeling good and dreading the homework he'll have!

The rest of this post is sort of a photo recap from the last few weeks. It is a modge-podge, so get ready:

For my birthday, the boys blew up balloons for me that morning. An even greater gift: Rhett learned how to tie balloons, so I didn't have to do anything! Yay!

Last week, I received a lovely little gift from my sister Krista. To show you what it was, I tried taking a picture of myself wearing it, but I kept closing my eyes because the flash! Picture after picture, I took, only to see in my viewfinder myself with eyes closed. So by this picture, I was laughing hard at myself:

After all of that, I realized, you couldn't even see the necklace that well, so this one I just took one of the necklace. It is probably the only picture I didn't blink:
Isn't the necklace adorable! It is a scrabble tile!! Krista bought it from etsy.com, a site I love because it has all kinds of handmade wonders. Thanks sis! I love it! I wear it whenever I have to take care of things for the Green Team PTA. Oh and good news on the Green Team front: The school is going paperless as far as school correspondence is concerned! All news that the principal or the PTA has for families will go out in an email instead of sending home 700 copies each week! So exciting!




Fast forward to last Friday: Seth surprised me with flowers! It was so sweet and unexpected. They were a little mound of colorful flowers like daisies and such. Two days later, I noticed another type of flower:
The tulips totally shot up and look like they are trying to escape! They were not like that when Seth brought them home. It gave us a great laugh. I have enjoyed the burst of color, especially since the weather has been grey and gloomy and we've been inside all week.
This next picture, I took on the way to Friona almost two weekends ago. I love taking pictures of the sky and this was just wonderful. It was of a heavy rain storm that we eventually drove through (or at least one like it). I love how you can see where it is raining and where it is not. It was more fun seeing it from afar than driving through a storm like this. I couldn't see a thing! Rhett was a little worried. He asked later, "Mom, how could you drive through that?" Good question.
I hope you have a great day. I am just so happy my kids are healthy that I know I will.

3 comments:

Krista said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

I am really liking the new background -- nice change!

Christy

H Noble said...

I think its adorable and you've inspired my crafty side with your new necklace! Great photos, and I love the flowers!