Monday, April 12, 2010

it's just one of those days

Joshua Radin sings a wonderful song called "One of Those Days".

It's chorus goes like this:

So I crawl underneath my blanket
Where I can hide away
I know I can't take it
'Cause I see now
It's just one of those days.

I like this song, especially on days like this.  (I know, already? Yes)

  • I woke up this morning and had to say good-bye to my husband again.  This week-long absence from him is getting old.
  • While making a smoothie for the boys, my blender begins smoking. 
  • I pour the hot water from my kettle to my cup and out comes a fly.
  • I am going to make eggs for myself and I drop one on the floor.
  • I had to tell the boys that the fish were going to a new home today.  Cries ensue.
Still,

I am sitting here now, drinking a cold cup of tea (new water! new cup!), listening to Joshua Radin's "Brand New Day" and laughing about how sometimes a Monday is a Monday.  I am remembering that we had a great weekend: looking at houses, watching "Diary of a Wimpy Kid," enjoying the sunshine and friends yesterday, and having Seth here.  And after writing this, I am going to attempt to make myself breakfast and exercise before cleaning out the fish tank.  I guess the day goes on...

It's a brand new day
The sun is shining
It's a brand new day
For the first time in such a long, long time
I know I'll be okay

2 comments:

Krista said...

I hope your day continues to improve. And I'm glad you found a new home for your fish -- I'm sure that's a relief.

I wish I could take a week off work and come keep you company!

aimee said...

I wish you could too Krista.