Friday, April 23, 2010

my dictionary is equally as awesome

I just recently (and by recently, I mean really just now!) found a website and name of a book that I really want to read.  1000 Awesome Things is the name of the website (book is called The Book of Awesome) and I guess everyday it posts something awesome.  I have only read a few but already love it.

Especially because it is so true!

For example:  #523 When you learn a new word and then suddenly start seeing it everywhere. 

Just this week that has happened to me!  I was reading an article in a magazine and came across a word describing an actor who is now deceased (and I wish I could remember who but that isn't important).  The word: mysogynist.  Now I have heard of masochistic from the Twilight books.  Poor vampire Edward likes to inflict pain upon himself by hanging out with human Bella.  But mysogynist was new.  Looking it up I found it meant hatred of women.  (So I do wish I could remember that guy's name).  Now I have been seeing it everywhere this week!  Which is sad in a way.  Is there really a lot of misogamy going on?  Shame. 

Anyway, my point is that is weird.  And awesome in a strange way because now I know how to say it correctly (not miss o gom me its mi saw ga me) and now I can offended when I read it or hear it in discussion.  :)

You want to know something else that is awesome?  Well, I think we found a house in Tulsa!  I'm no misoneist (hatred or fear of change) so I am very excited.  I am already planning on what I want to do to decorate.  Yes, my dictionary is open to the miso- words and I found that one.  Am I misleading you to think I knew that word from the top of my mommy brain?  I think I want to make some miso someday but thinking of miso makes me miss my friend Cathy, who probably would tell me that if I made miso, it would be a misplay. :)  This is fun.  You should try it! It is...awesome.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Hooray on the house!

The word I just learned, and now keep seeing everywhere, is "steampunk." Which is a weird word anyway.

Anonymous said...

Can you send a link with pictures to the house listing? Would love to get a preview!!!

Melissa