Monday, April 19, 2010

ten things I like about Rhett

Rhett is almost 9 and a half and is growing up in every way.  Somedays he sounds like a teenager, which is a little scary.  Here are some more things about my oldest son:
  • He loves the Yankees and doesn't care what those who love to hate them think about that.
  • He has apparently gotten over his "Girls? Who cares?" stage and has admitted to liking one that is in his class.  But, I've already said too much so that is all you get.
  • Ok, one more thing.  He does push-ups before seeing this girl. 
  • He talks about how he and one of his friends thinksSelena Gomez is "hot" but doesn't think Miranda Cosgrove is.  Why? I ask.  Carly (from iCarly) is so cute and on a better show in my opinion.  (Wizards of Waverly Place? Really?)
  • He has a way of making Noah so mad.  I don't know how he does it but he has that special knack.
  • He is a good friend.  Very loyal and kind and caring.  He makes them feel good about themselves, even if it is just by laughing at their jokes. 
  • He loves baseball.  So glad we found out that Tulsa has a summer league too, otherwise we would have been in hot water.
  • He loves steak.  Everytime we go out to eat he says "I want steak."  Or "Orange Chicken from Panda Express."  But mostly steak.
  • He will argue with you and not let things go and is very stubborn.  Now you all can go, "I know where he gets that from" and even if you are thinking of different people, you still would probably be right.
  • He is considerate and tells me thank you, all the time.
Come back tomorrow.  I can't leave Noah out.  He doesn't like that...

3 comments:

Krista said...

The push-ups make me laugh.

Wizards of Waverly Place is not as good as iCarly, but it might actually be marginally better than the new Disney show, Good Luck Charlie, which my kids are all over. Your boys might not like it (the attraction for M & P is the baby).

Anonymous said...

Yes, the push ups is so funny!

Connor already sounds like a teen too and he is only two! Where do they learn some of the things they say?!?

Christy

Karen said...

Love that my grandson loves the Yankees, as I do!