Monday, December 20, 2010

one more birthday celebrated, recap ahead

Happy Holidays! We are out of school and I am planning fun all week.  Today, we are making gingerbread houses (the pre-made, pre-packaged kind) and maybe some cookies.  I am also making them do 2 chores for me today.  Guess who didn't like that?

Before I get to Noah's birthday recap, I have to show you the chocolate pie for Rhett's birthday:

It was delicious.  It makes me wonder why I slave over homemade ones....

The day before Noah's birthday, a big package came in the mail.  It was from Uncle Scott and Aunt Melissa.  While on the phone with Noah's uncle, we let him open it:
Noah was so surprised and so excited.  He named the shark "Jawson", but calls him "Jaws."  But he doesn't eat human meat.  Just so you know.

The next morning, bright and early, Noah opened the rest of his presents.  I love these following pictures:
"Oh, wow.  This book is about sharks!"
"Awesome! Megaladons!"  Thanks Grandmom!

Now, this face. Aww. I wish, just wish, Noah would smile like this all the time:



Or look at at all with this much adoration:

He loved his penguin pillow pet.  Just loves it.

Later, we went to the church of Noah's choice and he chose one he loves and the rest of us, well, don't.  But that is okay.  Then we ate McDonald's for lunch, played all afternoon, went to Barnes and Nobles to spend the gift cards Nana and Pop bought both boys for their birthdays (Gift cards do not last long in our house.  I begged them to hold off on the Target gift cards both of their aunts (Thanks Jana and Krista!) sent them until after Christmas), and then ate Cheddar's take-out while watching Disney's The Christmas Carol.  This is the one with Jim Carrey as the voice of Scrooge.  In Rhett's words, "This is a lot scarier than Mickey's Christmas Carol!"  Ha ha!

Oh and yes, Noah's cookie pops with sparkler candles.  We skyped Nana and Pop (Skype is awesome by the way.  Does anyone else in my family have a webcam?  Cause if so, we need to start Skype-ing!) and they helped us sing Happy Birthday (They did this for Rhett as well). 
Birthdays are over.  Christmas is almost here.  I really didn't stress much about their birthdays this year (hello, bought pie and cookie pops!) and it was actually great.  It shows me that they don't really care about a big production (although they do want a sleepover.  Tips, Krista?).  So yay. 

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Okay, I love the fact that Rhett is warming his hands on the birthday candles.

I'm glad Noah was happy on his big day! Hope that 8 is a good year for him.

Sleepover tips...just resign yourself to the fact that children are noisy and you won't get lots of sleep. Um...stock way more drinks than you think you'll need. (Are my kids the only ones who usually just drink water? None of their friends will drink water.) Pizza, popcorn, movie, video games, you're set. Oh, and be prepared for major grouchiness the next day.

I make it sound so appealing, don't I?