Tuesday, January 04, 2011

this picture is worth many words

Here we are, in one of the only photos Seth or I took on Christmas break.   But this one is good, eh? It shows Rhett and Noah's gingerbread houses that they started (and I finished).  It shows the lovely Christmas pyramid that my mom brought back from Germany.  It shows the bountiful Chrismas dinner that I prepared (sweet potatoes, Salad, rolls...where's the beef? Not in this picture, but I did make a nice roast). It shows our new table that reminds me of a farmhouse and then that makes me happy.  And behind us, there is the formerly black cabinet that used to be in my red kitchen in Edmond.  I painted it brown, replaced the knobs and took away the doors.  Ta-da! It also shows the curtains that came with the house that do not exactly match the artwork that I bought half off at JCPenney Home Store.  But I guess that can be fixed later.  This photo also shows my glasses that I am realizing I need more and more, which makes Noah sad because now he is the only one without glasses!  More importantly, it shows my two guys, who had just celebrated birthdays and now just had Christmas and were a little worn out from waking at 6 in the morning to open presents.

When I look at this picture, I will think this is before my sister Krista called me and we wished each other a Merry Christmas and bemoaned the fact that we weren't celebrating with each other again.  I will think about how this Christmas was different from the others, a little more quiet and a little smaller as far as family is concerned, but it was lovely nonetheless.  I will think about how two days later, my mom and dad came with my nephew and we had a great 5 days with them. 

I will think that it went by too quickly like always.  Now the boys are back in school and a new year is upon us.  I have hopes for 2011 that I won't share now.  There are still whirling in my head, not ready to be put into words, you know what I mean? 

One hope that I can share is that I wish everyone here has a wonderful year.  May it be filled with happiness and good surprises. 

4 comments:

Karen said...

Good picture! The gingerbread houses look good in the picture, but I'm glad that I got to see them for "real!"

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you my sweet friend!

Christy

Monkee said...

Ohh! Ohh! I see the roast1 It's right infront of you! Sliced beautifuly!

Krista said...

Great picture! I like your glasses. And the table too! And the boys of course.

Can't wait to hear about your plans, whenever you're ready to share them.