Friday, February 04, 2011

tree in snow, four different ways

What is an inch of snow on top of 14 inches of snow really mean in the grand scheme of things?  I can tell you that the snow that is falling right now is beautiful.  Big flakes, falling slowly to the ground.  I wish I lived near a mountain where I could just walk out and go skiing or sledding with the kids.  Alas, we are here in "Green Country", a place like most of the country that is buried in snow and we don't know what to do. 

Except take pictures:
Same tree, different filter.  I love my photo editor. And my camera. 

Four days off from school and no idea if we'll get back on Monday.  Interesting month so far.
This is a view of the same tree but from an upstairs window.  I was having fun today.  I think I'll go make a loaf of bread in my bread machine now.  We are out and I'm not going anywhere...

1 comment:

Krista said...

I like all four ways. I bet you're ready for the thaw, though.