Friday, February 18, 2011

back to the old routine, hooray!

I feel I should blog about something.  After all, it has been awhile and a lot has happened.  For instance, it is nearly 100 degrees warmer than it was last week.  (We were below 0 for awhile.  Now it is in the 70s and beautiful.)  Snow? What snow?  There is no snow here!

Which means, school!  We had school every day this week.  Exciting stuff!

To make up for all those snow days, the school has decided to add 30 minutes to the day, starting on Monday until the end of school.  So the boys will now have to go until, wait for it... 4 pm! Oh no!  Actually, that is really okay by me and the boys are okay with it too once they realized they wouldn't have to go into June.  Unless something happens and snow returns.  I guess we do have one more month until spring. 

Let's see, what else?  Well, Seth had his birthday and we spoiled him with Good Cake.  This is my mom's speciality, according to the boys.  Rhett did say this though, after tasting it, "Doesn't Grandmom add whiskey to her Good Cake?"  I chuckled at that, after saying that no, I didn't think so.  It must be those Heath Bars that I don't put on mine that make the cake taste like whiskey.  ;)

By the way, doesn't my husband look so handsome?  34?  He looks not a day older than 25! :)

Then a couple of day later, we called Nana to wish her a happy birthday after going to watch Gnomio and Juliet.  My movie grade for this one:   Blah.

My project 365 hit a little snag this week because I kind of forgot to take pictures most days this week.  But fear not, I will get back on track! 

Next week we are going to start taking Boo to dog training classes.  Isn't that funny?  I figured if she was going to be a house dog, most of the time, then she needs to learn some manners.  It will be interesting for sure.  You saw what she did to my puppy training book.  So wish me luck!

Have a good weekend!!


PS-I also want to say a little "happy belated birthday" to my friend's Christy's little girl.  I know it was last week but I hope she had a wonderful first birthday! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Hadlee says thanks! :) Glad you are back to the blog world...I missed your updates.

Oh, and great idea for your school district adding time to the day instead of going later. You'll certainly appreciate that come the end of May!

Christy

Karen said...

What I want to know is how Rhett knows what whiskey tastes like! Isn't is funny that a cake that easy is one of the boys' favorites? That is good.

Krista said...

That is a great idea for school. Good thinking, Tulsa!

Good luck with Boo's classes!