Thursday, July 17, 2008

hello there

...It's been a long but fun week. I went to the beach, in the Gulf Shores of Alabama. I would love to show you pictures and I will, but tonight I am tired.

But here are some interesting (at least to me) facts about our car ride to and from our lovely vacation spot:

*We (mainly Seth and I) spotted 27 license plates from different states. A couple of surprising ones: Maine and South Dakota

*We drove through 5 states to get to our destination. Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

*Rhett's great sense of smell was lost on his own feet. Usually, he is the first to say, "What is that smell?" During one point of the long drive, Seth asked that question. We were in Louisiana at that point at we were both wondering that maybe it was the air outside (it was a swampy kind of smell). I told Seth that I was going to ask Rhett if he smelled it. I did and he answered, "Oh. That must be my feet!" Then we all laughed. He had just taken off his crocs. And had no socks. Poor guy with the smelly feet. We bought foot powder the next day and on the way home, there was no smell. :)

*Noah can't read. We were trying to pass the time on the road and at one point, Rhett says, "Let's find things that start with each of our names! S for Seth, A for Aimee, R for Rhett and N for Noah!" Seth saw several signs for shrimp and seafood, I saw a sign that started with A and Rhett found one with an R. Then Noah shouted, "Aahh! I can't read!" We all laughed at the one for a while.

*At the final leg of our journey, I almost cried, I was so tired of sitting in the car. On the way back, I did cry. Long car rides are just not for me. I am very thankful for my husband though. He drove the entire way without complaining.

*We made it all the way there and all the way back safe and sound. Thank God.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Yay, glad you're home. And "I can't read!" was very funny.

Anonymous said...

I was glad to hear from you this morning! You know I begin to worry when the blog is updated after a few days. :) Glad you all had a good time...oh, and I HATE car rides too, 4-5 hours max!

Christy