Tuesday, July 01, 2008

surprises in the mail

...This past week, I have had a couple of packages in the mail. I always love getting packages and this time was no exception. The first was a lovely hydrangea from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. It now sits on my craft table so I can see it everyday. Thank you Scott and Melissa for the beautiful flower. The second package, that I received yesterday, was a colorful package that held inside a beautiful concoction of chocolate. Yummy chocolate brownies and cookies from Harvard Sweet Boutique. Krista, thank you so much for the goods!I had to take a bite out of it right out of the box. And it didn't disappoint. It was so rich, so gooey, it was delicious. I put the package in the refrigerator to hide it from the boys. When I told Seth about it he asked if I already ate them all. Ha. Ha. I would never do that! ;)

The last picture is one of my new hairdo. Now, for those that haven't seen me in awhile, it may not look so different than the last time you've seen me. But for months, I let my hair go without color and without a curling iron or straightener, so it was not pretty. Two Fridays ago, I took the afternoon to go "get my hair done." Nellie Connolly said it best in her book, From Love Field when she wrote about going to the beauty shop after getting her husband home and settled in, after he was shot. She said, "In those days, that's what ladies did when they felt worn down and worn out: They got their hair done." I think that still holds true today. I, too, was feeling worn down when I went to the salon. I told the hairstylist to color it darker and to cut it to my chin and she picked a beautiful color. I felt like a new person!

Have a great Tuesday.

7 comments:

Krista said...

Your hair looks great! So does the brownie...I should've sent some to myself too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the color -- I have always wanted mine darker, but too chicken.

Brownie looks delish!

Christy

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks really good. Glad that you took the time for yourself.

Mom

Anonymous said...

It is amazing what a cut and color can do for your self esteem. It always makes me feel better. I didn't think yours looked so bad when we were there, but mine always looks worse to me. Sandy

Cheryl Wray said...

I just love your new haircut and color. TOO cute!!!! (I want something new too, but not sure what!)

The brownie looks yummy....

H Noble said...

Glad you took care of yourself that way and the goodies are delightful.
Love ya,
H

Anonymous said...

Aimee - you look great!

Brownies make the world better :-)

Enjoy your weekend. Melissa