Thursday, July 31, 2008

floors and more


...These are of the master bedroom. We picked walnut floors and if you remember, I painted my ceiling chocolate. It matches beautifully. This is of our formal living area. It is the same walnut. What I love most about these floors is that they look as if they have always been there. They belong. :)

I do need some color in the living room to punch things up a bit so we are looking for a rug. But I am so happy with the results.

BTW: Just in case Holly and Justin were wondering, we didn't do this ourselves like they did. The people we hired were fast and efficient. H & J rock for diy-ing it. :)

***
I am going to teach Sunday School starting this Sunday. I, for a long time, didn't want to have anything to do with teaching but it seems God keeps calling me back into it. I will be teaching Pre-K and Kindergarten class so it will be fun.

***
Can you believe this is the last day of July? Summer flew and the boys will be starting school in 21 days. What I will miss about summer? Lazy mornings, late nights, swimming anytime we want, not having to go anywhere, seeing the boys all hours of the day. What I won't miss? The boys fighting because they see each other all hours of the day. ;)

***
I have decided to stop designing for Your Scrapbook Stash. I loved being on a design team, but lately scrapbooking has seemed more of a chore than a hobby. I can't get into it lately. I have even just started putting my photos in a picture album {gasp} and you know what? I love it. I love that I don't have stacks of photos just waiting to be scrapped. It is a relief.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

I love the floors! They're gorgeous!!

I know you'll do great teaching Sunday School. I teach an adult class and I always say I like it because it makes me get up for church. Teachers have to be there. :-)

I haven't scrapped in so long that it's about to kill me. But I've decided to just do it for fun too.

Krista said...

The floors look great! Very shiny.

Teaching Sunday school sounds fun. I have very fond memories of all my Sunday school teachers (including our mother! ha!) -- it's a great way to make a difference in children's lives.

Anonymous said...

I too love the floors - nice choice!

I know you were & will make a great teacher...I'm glad to hear that you are getting back into it. Teaching anywhere is so rewarding.

I'll miss your scrap pages, so post lots of your pics here! :)

Christy

Anonymous said...

Looks AWESOME Aims.

Anonymous said...

Love the floors. Can hardly wait to see them in person.

You'll be a great SS teacher. You really have a way with kids.

I will miss your scrapbook pages, too.

Mom

H Noble said...

They are beautiful, and believe me, I wish we had hired it done too. We did save money, but oh, it was back-breaking work and there are oopses that probably only we know about, but still are there.
Congrats and happy anniversary!
H

Anonymous said...

The floors look awesome!!! Chris and I laid laminate flooring in a house that we flipped a few weeks back. Boy! What work!

Hope y'all are doing great! Take care! BTW, Duane and Janet are moving to Edmond close to an elementary school, this month!