Monday, July 07, 2008

something random for you

...I sat down here to blog, but am not inspired. What should I blog about? The weather? No. You probably know it was hot. The weekend? It was fun. We saw fireworks, the boys stayed awake (until we got back into the car and then they fell asleep. Let me tell you that getting a 7 and a 5 year old out of the car when they are deadweights is not fun. Seth and I were both grunting and moaning!), and the rest of the weekend was spent doing things as a family.

Should I blog about the Olympic Swimming Trials? Did you see Dara Torres, a 41-year-old mom of one win one, but two events at the trials and now she is on her way to her 5th Olympics?!? She is amazing. I mean, Michael Phelps is amazingly perfect at swimming, but Dara Torres is amazing because she is defying odds and not only beating them but winning too!

Should I blog about the changes I made to the left of my blog? I am having mixed feelings about the new blogroll. On one hand, the fact that it updates blogs means I do not have to check them until they are updated. On another hand, it makes it seem that I am keeping tabs on blogs and does it make one feel bad that they haven't updated? So, that may go away. Also the slide show is neat but I don't like that I can't make it show photos randomly. Everytime you come here, you see the picture of the tree in the snow. So that may go away too until I can figure out something else. (In fact, now that I am writing this I am thinking I will make changes right after I post this, so you may not even see those changes I am talking about and that makes this paragraph null and void.)

Should I blog that it was my niece's birthday yesterday? Head over to Krista's blog to read a beautiful post about her. And Happy Birthday big 3-year-old!

Or should I blog about all the things I have to do this week but instead I am writing this blog about what I should write about? Does it seem to you, too, that I am procrastinating? Hmm...

3 comments:

Toby E. said...

Procstinating-good to know I'm in good company! And sometimes it's not a bad thing! Think of it as your "coffee break" =)

Toby E. said...

oops...I mean procrastinating!

Krista said...

Summer is all about procrastination, so don't feel bad! I liked your pictures in the previous post, by the way.