Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day 2009

...Happy Earth Day!

I have some exciting news that totally relates to Earth Day. Next year, I am going to be the head of the Green Team Committee for the PTA at Rhett and Noah's school! I have ideas already swirling in my head and already at least 3 people have come up to me (during the meeting today) to tell me ideas and give support. Yay!

I think I mentioned awhile back how the school uses Styrofoam trays during lunch and how appalled I was. I didn't know how to go about bringing that up but now I have a committee to help me with that and with other ideas on how to help the school become more environmentally friendly. So excited.

So, what are you going to do for Earth Day? I think we are going to plant some flowers with the neighbors and then have Honeybee Vanilla ice cream from Häagen-Dazs® and celebrate the fact that we are helping fund research to help the honeybees. If I can't find the ice cream? I'll let you know what I do. But it will be great. And I'll use my reusable shopping bags no matter what.

Whatever you do for Earth Day, whether it is simple as not buying a plastic water bottle or turning off your lights or as big as planting a tree, I hope you feel good about it and enjoy the day. Hey, you can even buy a Louis Vuitton bag and know you are helping Mother Earth! What do you think Seth? :)

Some more Earth Day links:

Top 10 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
Earthday Network
The Green Effect

Have a wonderful, beautiful day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrat. on the Green Team! You have made me more aware of doing things for the Earth. We now have several bags to take to United and Walmart when we shop--all because of you. Thanks for being such a good model for the rest of us. Sandy

H Noble said...

Happy Earth Day! I didn't know it was Earth Day before J mentioned it this morning, so I haven't planned anything. We did close on our house this morning, so does spending cash on paint and light fixtures count??? ;)

And congrats on your new role- that's wonderful and good luck banning the styrofoam trays!!

Krista said...

You will have to give me pointers -- I had thought about trying to "green" up my kids' school somehow, but I have no idea where to start.

And, we just started composting, so that's my Earth Day accomplishment!