Friday, April 24, 2009

He's the Big Bad Wolf, Big Bad Wolf


...Fairy Tale Day is today for the 2nd Graders. Rhett is the wolf from The True Story of the Three Little Pigs so that is the reason for the prison garb. Aren't we lucky that he had that striped shirt? Yes, we are.
This picture isn't that great in quality but I wanted you to see the full costume. Notice the hairy ankles, the hairy hands, and the cup of sugar. If you haven't read this particular fairy tale (you should because it is very funny) then I'll tell you that the wolf is the narrator who is trying to overcome his "big, bad" image. It is most important that you know these two things: he needed a cup of sugar for a cake he was baking for his sick grandma and he had a bad cold. :)
The mask was actually very fun to make. I bought that furry yarn and glued the strands on a cat mask covered with brown felt. I glued bigger ears on the mask too. But my very clever husband helped me come up with the idea on how to make the nose and teeth. Paper towel roll and a plastic fork! The one thing I forgot to make was the tail but Rhett didn't seem to notice.

Rhett was most excited to wear this today. He even got up early and wore his mask through breakfast. :)

As for Rhett's health: his hands are healing very well and show little scars now, which Rhett loves. His fingers are still catching occasionally, but the doctor said it could be a month before that stops.

And for his stomach: I honestly think most of his stomach problems stems from stress. There may be some acid reflux but not enough to be taking medicine for sure. Some days he eats whatever and never complains. There are other days, mostly on weekends where he stays up late and eats way to much sugar, that he does say his stomach hurts but usually if I give him a ginger candy or a cup of apple juice, he is fine. When he is worried about something, his stomach hurts immediately. The good thing is that he is knows this.


And Knowing is half the battle. GI Joe!

:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the costume! What a great mask.

Glad that his hands are healing well.

Mom

Krista said...

Very cool costume! I especially like the fangs.

I'm glad his stomach is better, although it's kind of a bummer that he reacts so strongly to being stressed. He just needs to relax! (Ha! If only that would work!)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...Rhett looks great! Very cool costume Rhett!

Christy

Cheryl Wray said...

That costume is GREAT!!!!!

Abbey said...

That is one of my favorite children's books. Great job on the costume too!

H Noble said...

I'm glad Rhett is recovering well and the stomach issues seem to be under control. You deserve a mom award for treating it naturally and finding the cause instead of just relying on medication. Go Aimee!