Tuesday, April 07, 2009

melancholy mood

...Sometimes I wish I were

a better mom; one who would spend more time with her kids and not get impatient

a better housekeeper; one who could finish laundry the same day she starts it

a better wife; one who would rub her husband's back before he has to ask

a better friend; one who would email or call when she thinks about them instead of letting days then weeks go by before she realizes that she never did email or call

In those times, I just have to give myself a break. And remember that I am doing the best I can.

Then I remind myself how lucky I am.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really think that you are both a good wife and a good mother. And if you are doing the best you can, that is really all that any of us can do!

Mom

Krista said...

I'm kind in one of those moods too. But -- I think you're pretty awesome, and I think you a good job on focusing on what's really important in life. Against that, it's okay to let the laundry sit around for a few days!

H Noble said...

I hear ya, but we are all doing the best we can and that has to be good enough. I'm not offended by not hearing from you so I hope you aren't either!

Anonymous said...

One of the best friends I know! : )

Christy

Abbey said...

I agree with everyone. You are awesome! BTW thanks for the package. It is a long story but I finally got it from the post office and love it!