Wednesday, August 19, 2009

let's imagine its the first

...There are my boys. Rhett is in 3rd grade. Noah is in 1st. The rain and my general feeling of malaise yesterday made first day pictures on the front porch impossible, so here they are today. Noah was less excited today (It's too long! I want to stay with you!) but Rhett was still ready to go.

They ride the bus to school which means from 8:30 am to 4 pm, I am without children. This is a strange feeling to me. The house is quiet and I don't hear "Hey, Mom?" forty times an hour. That I won't miss. I will miss their faces though. And the hugs.

Don't worry, I won't be bored. I have plenty to keep me busy. And when four o'clock rolls around, I probably will think, "Where did the time go?" :)

***
Happy Birthday Pop! We all love you!



6 comments:

Krista said...

What big boys! I'm sure Noah will adjust to the long day -- and so will you!

H Noble said...

So big indeed! Look at them! I know you will fill your time with all of your activities and things mothers do, but I would love to see some scrappin' pages come back!

Anonymous said...

They look great! Is Rhett sporting a little change in his hairdo? Maybe it is just because I haven't seen them in so long.

Christy

aimee said...

Christy, He actually was upset because the lady cut it too short! So I try extra hard to spike it up in the mornings! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big they look - and I love the haircuts!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh well, good to know that I will have hair drama with a little boy too! Regardless, they look very handsome!

Christy