Monday, August 10, 2009

running out of summer

...When I titled the last post, "Last one, I promise," I didn't mean the last blog post ever. I am sure some of you were thinking that by now. It has been awhile. This month is going to be crazy I fear. Here is a little update, sans pictures, but I will post them tomorrow.

Friday was the first PTA meeting of the year. I am the chair for the Green Team committee and I wanted to start out with a bang, so I proposed we start saving paper by emailing our newsletters and notes to families instead of sending it home with the kids in paper form. The president of the PTA is excited about this and is going to talk to the principal. I can't say I came up with the idea on my own, but if we do this, it will be so exciting. Last year, I received two copies of every single note that the school sent home. Wouldn't it be great if I can just open my email and read things online? Love it!

Saturday, Rhett and Noah had their all-city swim meet. They did great. It was an all day affair and it wasn't very comfortable sitting on benches in stifling humidity for 6 hours, but Seth and I were so proud of the boys for sticking with swim team all summer and doing a great job at the meets. I hope they do it next year. Tomorrow, I will have pictures.

Sunday, Seth and I braved the crowds and took advantage of the tax-free weekend in Oklahoma. The boys were on a playdate and we went to Old Navy for $10 jeans. Awesome.

This week is the official last week and a half of summer vacation. We have to go to Information Day at the school, go on another playdate to meet a new friend that will be going to the school, we have 4 parties to go to and then it will be over and the first day of school before we know it.

So have a great week. I know we are going to enjoy every minute.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Glad you're back!

Way to go on the Green Team -- keep posting your ideas, this is something I'm interested in too.

Mallory's school does email newsletters every week, which is great, although parents without email (who would that be, at this point?) are given the options of getting a hard copy. M does come home every week with a reusable envelope (that tyvek/laminate stuff) for any other forms, and you indicate by signing the envelope that you've received the materials AND that you've read the email newsletter. Just a thought, in case there's concern about parents actually reading the stuff.

Abbey said...

I so sad summer is over. I go back on Monday. Boo!

We also do a Wednesday envelope like Krista mentioned for the parents to sign. I love the idea of emailing stuff. It definately would cut down on paperwork AND my time stuffing envelopes. :) I'm mentioning that to our PTA. Thanks for the idea and keep them coming.

H Noble said...

That's an awful lot of stuff to cram into the next week and a half! Get some rest sometime!

$10 jeans---- I finally went to Once Upon A Child for the first time yesterday. Got Eli a pair of jeans, polo, Sunday shirt and a sweater all for $18. Do they have one of these near you?? Sooo worth it!