Monday, January 11, 2010

2010-year of the movies

that I want to see anyway.  There are so many movies coming out this year that I am excited about watching. 


The Percy Jackson movie is coming in February and Rhett can hardly wait.  I, too, read the books and have to say that I am way excited for this one too.  This book series was so good that Rhett had trouble finding a book afterward to read that he liked.  (I know exactly how he feels.  Percy is to Rhett as Harry is to me).

If you don't know the story, Percy Jackson is the son of god, Poseidon and has to fight mythical creatures and gods of all kinds in all sorts of adventures. 


Alice in Wonderland, coming March 5, I admit, looks a little creepy (and obviously because it is from Tim Burton) but I think that is part of the charm.  Isn't the story supposed to be a little creepy?  Isn't it supposed to be ... mad? 

Johnny Depp is always at his best when he plays strange characters.








 The third movie in the Twilight Saga is Eclipse and since this is my favorite book of the series, I am most looking forward to the movie version. 

Most of you know already my love for these books, so I won't go on and on.  But I will say that I may wait a week or two after it comes out so maybe the teenage fans will thin out.  Being in the theater with a bunch of hormonal teenage girls, squealing with delight everytime Jacob was on screen without a shirt was almost too much for me.  :)









So the new Harry Potter movie, Part 1 of the final book, doesn't come to theaters until November so there isn't even a movie poster for it yet. I am sure these two films will be the best yet.  I have to hope that it is better than the last one.














There are other movies too:
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid (a favorite book series of my kids, this film will sure be the on our list to see in April)
  • Valentine's Day (I may have to go see this with girlfriends, but I hoping this movie will be a lot like Love Actually, one of my favorite romance films of all time)
  • Date Night  (I actually know nothing about this movie except that it has Steve Carell and Tina Fey but enough said, right?)
  • Avatar (I keep changing my mind, but this movie is still going strong.  Are all those people wrong?)
  • The Road (I don't know if I really want to see this because I like the lighter fare, but I figure that I need to write in at least one film that Seth might see with me.  And I think he would like this apocalyptic film with Viggo Mortenson.  Ahh, Viggo, I loved you in Lord of the Rings.  For that, I would give any movie with you a chance.)
And one movie I did see over the weekend:


What an amazing movie.  Sandra Bullock should win an oscar for this one.  The story was beautiful.  I took Rhett with me to watch this one and you should have seen him.  He absolutely loved it.  He said it was the best movie he has ever seen.  He sat at the edge of his seat for most of the movie. 

I think I have found my movie soul-mate.

Any movies that you want to see this year that are not on my list?

4 comments:

The Taylor Family said...

I have one movie to add...The indie movie "To Save A Life" will be the largest national outreach event for teens ever done. It will be in select theaters starting Jan 22nd. "To Save A Life" deals with issues teens face every day – it’s their story told in their voice with their music. A lot has changed in the High School world since we were there. I was lucky enough to have prescreened the movie at a church outreach conference a few weeks back. I think it's a must see for every teen & their parents. I don't have teens (or pre-teens) yet, but I feel so blessed to have seen the movie.

http://www.tosavealifemovie.com/

aimee said...

Thanks Dawn. That sounds like a great movie.

Anonymous said...

We loved Blind Side. I would like to be just like her--accept no lip from anyone. What an amazing family. We saw them in real life and the two women are very much alike. Sandy

Anonymous said...

Casey just finished reading the Blind Side -- we haven't made it to the movie yet. In fact, I am behind on several movies I would like to see....

Christy