Wednesday, June 23, 2010

what is the meaning of this?

Rhett and Noah found an old baby name book in the many piles of things I have been dragging out of boxes.  Noah wants to look up his name and so we find it. 

Noah:  What does Heb brew mean?
me: It is Hebrew.  It is where the name was derived from.
Noah: ?
me: Well, your name came from the bible.  That is a very old language.
Noah: Oh.
me: It says here your name means peaceful and restful.
Noah: What?
me: Peaceful and restful.
Noah: Aww! I am not peaceful or restful!
me: No, you really aren't.
Noah: I guess I might need a new name....Wait, what does Lee mean?
me: Meadow. My middle name is Leigh too so I know.
Noah: Meadow?

Then I look it up.

me: It also means plum.  So you are a peaceful meadow or a restful plum!

Noah then gives me the look which means I took it too far, even if I didn't.  Fun is over, I go back to my dishes.

A few minutes later...

Noah: Hey! My new name can be Gib!  It means powerful

Because being powerful beats being peaceful anyday, at least according to Gib.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Tell Noah/Gib it could be worse...Mallory was unimpressed recently when she learned that her name means "unlucky."

Anonymous said...

So funny Aimee....and then I laughed harder at Krista's comment! :)

It is bad that I don't even know for sure what my kids names mean??

Christy

H Noble said...

Kids are too funny. We desperately need to find a baby name and can't agree on anything!

Karen said...

Of course it is better to be powerful! What were you thinking?

Anonymous said...

Gib - love it! Tell Gib we love him no matter what his beautiful name Noah means :-) Love Melissa

aimee said...

Christy, apparently it is better if you don't know what your kids name mean. :)