Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday: Project 365 my own way

I don't know if you have ever heard of Project 365 but it is just what you might think.  Take a photo, every day for a  year.  It is like a visual diary.  I thought about doing it last year, then thought, "I know me.  I get all excited about a project, begin with a fervor and then a few days later, I kind of lose interest."  So I didn't even start it.

I realize now that this is not a healthy way of going about things.  Quit before I even begin?  So, one of my hopes (I use hope instead of resolution or goal because it is less pressure, haha) is that I stick with this project.

I am starting late but I guess that really doesn't matter.  I am going to do my best to post my pictures on Fridays here on the old blog.  Hopefully, I will have 7 pictures to post.  But if not, it will be okay. 

This week, I have three. 

 Project 365:  Week 1

On Monday, the promise of snow filled the air.  The boys were so excited about the prospect of having a snow day on Tuesday.  All day, snow flurries fell for a while, then stopped.  Finally, about the time when the boys got off the bus, big snowflakes were falling from the sky.  Noah was so excited that he promptly took Boo outside for some play time.  Of course, Boo was more interested in his shoes. 

The snow fell for a solid three hours at least, but the roads stayed nice and non-icy.  Sadly, the boys had to go to school the next day. 

The next few days, it was very cold.  Princess Boo didn't like it one bit.  Here she is saying to me, "You are taking a picture now? Instead of holding me in the nice warm house? Crazy lady."
Seth had a great idea for our family.  On Sunday, we talk about our week, our plans, and anything we are worried about or want to pray about.  We also pick a bible verse for the week.  This week, we had the homeless on our minds because Noah's class is collecting coats and sleeping bags for those in need.  I said "listening ears" because I was having a hellava time trying to get the boys to do this with me.  Bailey is our friends' dog who sprained his leg. 

I think this is a fabulous idea because last Saturday was supposed to be Noah's first basketball game and we totally missed it because I thought it was at 4 pm and it was really at 3 pm.  Noah was upset but I was the one crying.  No kidding.  I felt horrible.  All turned out okay and now I pretty much know the schedule by heart.  :)

Oh, and yes, I changed my blog again.  I wasn't loving the other one.  I decided to go back to a much simpler design.  Using my favorite colors. 

Have a great weekend everyone!



3 comments:

Karen said...

I like your new design. I also like your pictures. Good luck with the project.

The Taylor Family said...

I love that you are doing it your way! I really the Project 365 idea...I even have a blog name reserved that I like. But I haven't started it because I am not sure how dedicated to it I will be.

Krista said...

Very cool! I like the top picture of Noah and Boo. Your weekly schedule/prayer list is a good idea too!