Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Friday! Project 365 Week 2!

I have been so excited to share my pictures that I have decided maybe next week to spread it out a little more.  Especially because I have 8 photos to share today!  8!  I know, there aren't even that many days in a week but remember I'm doing it my way. 

Without further ado...

Project 365 Week 2:

We made it to Noah's basketball game on Saturday!  He was so excited that he didn't even say a word about having to wear shorts.  Ha.  I love this picture.  It was right before the game and the coaches were talking and he just looks over, so proud to be there. 


Rhett and Boo, hanging out.  That dog...we seriously love her.


Sunday night, Rhett spent the night with a friend because we had a day off from school.  The next morning, Noah and I slept in and didn't get a chance to eat breakfast before picking up Rhett.  So I promised Starbucks.  Iced Chai Tea Latte and a veggie omelet ciabatta.  It was really yummy. 
Another hope for this year is to get back to baking again.  Since moving, I've stopped baking and I really enjoy it so I have promised myself to bake something at least once a week.  Last week, I made Rosemary bread which was a disappointment.   This week, orange-blueberry muffins and banana-chocolate chip muffins.  The orange-blueberry muffins, the ones you see here, were a hit.  Just a hint of citrus.  The recipe called for almonds but I didn't have any so I just added ground flax seed.  It added the nuttiness it needed and made it more nutritious. 

Wednesday, I went shopping.  Target is having their big "Stock up and Save Sale" (which really doesn't save me anything because I buy more of what I probably could do without in the first place but Target is smart like that or maybe I'm not smart like that...anywho) and they had their Shark Steam Cleaner on sale.  I've been wanting one of those for awhile (clean with only water? No dirty mop and bucket? No chemicals? Sold!) and so far I've not been disappointed.  The microfiber cloths that fit on the bottom are washable and the dirt on that thing after I finished...whew! It made me wish I had bought one of these a long time ago. 

It was also my sister, Krista's birthday on this day.  Krista, did you love Modern Family as much as I did? We watched it again last night because we thought it was so hilarious!

Thursday brought a snow day which the boys must have needed because all week they had complaining about their stomachs and how tired they were (yes, they had Monday off) but no complaints this day.  They woke up early and played all day.  And also helped me shovel the driveway which was huge.  I took this photo with my iphone.  I'm looking outside the front door through the wreath that hangs there.  I love this picture.  And I loved this day. Yesterday, I felt like a superwoman.  I got so much done! No where to go and nothing to do made it possible to get a lot of laundry done and bathrooms cleaned and closets straightened out and it was a wonderful feeling.
Here is another picture from Thursday.  Rhett is about to go outside.  He stayed out there for about an hour and a half just playing.  Noah and I finished the driveway and hauled it back in the warm house.  Rhett seemed to know that snow days don't happen very often.   
This morning has been cold.  10 degrees cold.  Miss Boo doesn't like it much.  Here she is, begging to be let back in, while I'm waiting for her to do her business.  Don't you love the door?  It never stays clean and I guess I'm okay with that.  Except on the day I clean it.  :)

It's another snow day, so we are going to make Chocolate Crinkles.  We never made them for Christmas and better late than never, right? Plus, they sound so good right now. 

So yes, seeing how this took me about an hour to do, I think I am going to spread this out a little more next week.  At least it gives me something to say on the ole' blog!

Have a great weekend!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Even I hadn't seen all of those. Although I could just go in the other room and tell you this, I am commenting on your blog since you told me that I never do. Credit!!
Seth

Krista said...

I love all the pictures, especially the ones with Boo, because she's so cute.

PS send me your muffin recipes!