Monday, May 02, 2011

i'm tired of thinking of titles

It's May! Only 18 more days of school for the boys. They are ready! I haven't posted any pictures in awhile, so here is a few for you:

Boo is 6 months old now.  She is a smart, stubborn dog but a great watch dog.  A couple of weeks ago, it was stormy outside, with hail and thunder being the worst of it.  Boo thought the thunder was trying to get us, so she sat down in our entry way, facing the door, fully alert.  We have never seen her sit that long away from any of us before so it was pretty funny. 
I wanted to show Rhett when he was singing with the 4th grade, but had to blur out the other kids so sorry for the weird picture.  I think they were singing, "When I first came to this land" and it was such a cute song. Here is a snippet of the end:

When I first came to this land

I was not a wealthy man

Then I got myself a son

I did what I could

I called my son "My Work's Done"

I called my wife "Joy of My Life"

I called my horse, "Lame of Course"

I called my cow ,"No Milk Now"

I called my shack "Break My Back"

Still the land was sweet and good

I did what I could.

The musical was all about the pioneers of Oklahoma.  They sang the state song at the end and I have to say that Oklahoma has the best state song ever.  It is so joyful and peppy. 


Here is Noah with his class when they were singing a Spanish song about body parts (hands, feet, mouth, nose).  It was cute too.  Again, sorry for the blurs but I always have to show when Noah is smiling like that.  He has blue hair because of his Suessical the Musical.  He wanted to be wild and crazy, like a Who.  :)
We've had  rain (Thank God) and many days of cloudy skies the last two weeks of April.  I love clouds and the promise of rain.  It has rained out a few of Rhett's baseball games, so we are going to have to make those up but sometimes it is nice to be stuck inside doing nothing because of the rain. 
One day, I went out and our sky looked like giant cotton balls.  It was really cool. 

I will leave you with this short quip:

The boys have been busy with school but on Friday, they did get a day off because they went to work with Seth, where they learned about volcanos and earthquakes.  Then I met them for lunch at a great, greasy hamburger joint (seriously, yummy!) and while we were eating Noah was complaining about something that wasn't pleasing him.  Rhett tells his brother, "You know, the sun does not rise and set on you alone."  Before I could tell him I was impressed with that, Rhett's very quick-witted brother fires back, "Rhett, I will rise and sit on you."  We all just burst out laughing.  It was just so funny and just so Noah to say that.  Even Rhett admitted that it was a great comeback.

Have  a great day!

1 comment:

Krista said...

That's the best comeback ever!