Tuesday, May 31, 2011

a wish list for summer 2011

Here are some things that would make this a really great summer:

  • Roasting marshmallows (from Rhett)-actually Rhett has wanted to do this for months now.  I think we will try to do it today or tomorrow
  • Reading Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn with the boys
  • Getting Noah to wear something other than his black underarmor shirt (you know, the one he wore in the picture in the post below? Well, he wears it every other day) and wind pants. 
  • Playing tennis with the family (I have a picture in my mind:  All four of us go out and hit the ball around and it is fun and we don't have to chase the ball when the kids hit it over the fence or use 10 balls because they all hit the net...Rhett and Noah have a tennis camp at the end of the month!)
  • Noah learning how to play golf (because he really wants to)
  • Taking a trip to see Krista (oh yeah, this is happening!  Three days and counting...)
  • Getting to see some cousins (the boys already saw two of their cousins this weekend and had a great time)
  • The mornings stay cool outside and then the evenings cool down so we can go outside and not be stifled by humidity and heat (I know, I live in Tulsa.  This one isn't happening.  But I can dream, can't I?)
  • Going to the mountains once this summer
  • Doing art projects with the boys
  • Taking lots of pictures
  • Getting to see some old friends that I haven't seen in awhile
  • Watching movies (HP! HP! HP)
  • Enjoying the long, lazy days of summer (this one should be easy)
What are some of your wishes for this summer?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh...to go back to the beach! That is on my list every summer!

Do ya'll have courts in your neighborhood? Sounds fun!

Can't believe you don't have any projects for your house! We just tore up our guest bath - yikes!

Christy

aimee said...

Christy, we have courts at a park near by, but not in the neighborhood.

I think I'm done with the house for awhile. I still need to do some things, but I'm taking a break! What are you doing with your guest bath?