Tuesday, September 22, 2009

a birthday list

...Today is my birthday. I have to be honest-I am not quite as excited that I am one year older as I had been in the past. But that is okay. To celebrate my day, here is a list from this past year:



Things I love that I swore that I never (which sort of makes me a hypocrite)
-Diet Coke.
-Texting. I love texting now that I have a keyboard on my phone! I can text my sister in NC! I can text Seth at work! I can text my neighbor across the street! It is so great.

One Thing I have heard from my son which I had hoped I would never
-Mom, M_____ (a 3 year old neighbor) took her shirt off which is okay because at least she doesn't have her, you know, yet. Funny, I didn't know you had to grow those. I thought they just appeared. -Noah, yesterday, after spending time at a friend's house

Places I have gone and would go to again
-New York
-Washington D.C.

Places I have gone and swore that I would never again but did
-Oklahoma State Fair (Picture this, three heavy-set boys with Mohawks, wearing OU sleeveless jerseys with matching athletic shorts walking around with two women, one pregnant, one older, both of which are wearing tie-dyed dresses. Awesome)

Favorite thing to do with my kids
-Play the Wii. Now, we have Beatles Rockband which is so much fun! Thanks sweetie!

Favorite thing to do when my kids are asleep
-Play the Wii. What? Beatles Rockband!!

Books I read that I didn't think I liked but ended up loving
-The Twilight Saga

Books I read again because I still love
-Harry Potter

Book I recently read that made me a little less naive about the world
-Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years by David Talbot

Favorite Musician
-Joshua Radin

Song that my sons like but I wish they didn't
-Poker Face by Lady Gaga

Current Events that my sons were interested in and wanted to know more about
-Obama becoming President
-Micheal Jackson's death
-40th Anniversary of NASA landing on the moon

Something Cool that happened this year
-Meeting Astronaut Alan Bean and having my kids shake his hand. He also told Rhett he liked his shirt. Sweet.

An I was there when it all went down moment (actually this happened a week before my birthday last year, but it still counts bc I didn't do this list last birthday)
-Walking by Lehman Brothers after attending a broadway show in NYC and seeing all the tv cameras pointed at the building. I had no clue on what happened but we all knew it wasn't good. And we were right.

Still the best thing I am doing with my life
-Being a mom to Rhett and Noah and Seth's wife (of 11 years!!!)

5 comments:

Krista said...

Happy happy birthday!

Noah's observations was too funny.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. There is really nothing hypocritical about changing one's mind about liking things!

Noah is growing up too fast!

Mom

H Noble said...

Happy Birthday dear! Great list, hope you have a wonderful day and a fabulous year ahead!

See you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am late posting this evening, but I hope you had a wonderful day!

And Casey & I LOVE the Beatles! :)

Christy

Abbey said...

Hope your day was great! FB wouldn't let me post to your wall so sorry this is so late. :) Hope to see you soon!