Tuesday, September 29, 2009

save me

...Noah and Rhett were in charge of putting a pile of things away that were in the hallway and belonged to them. It wasn't a big pile. Maybe 10 small things. One of these things was a parrot sun catcher that I had received in the mail from some "save the birds" company. (I get things like this a lot: Save the wolves. Save the birds. Save the trees. Yeah, save some trees and quit sending me mail! Anywho.) I didn't want the sun catcher and told the boys it was theirs.

My mistake.

Not a minute later, I hear yells coming from their end of the house. I hear a cry, an "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!", and a "Leave me alone!" along with the door slamming. I knew it was about the parrot sun catcher. Why? Because it was something new to them and there was only one.

After assessing the situation, (Noah punched Rhett because he thought Rhett was going to throw something at him. Rhett didn't throw something at him until he did but he missed so it doesn't count, right? After apologizing to each other, although Noah had already apologized three times but only because he didn't want to get in trouble so he reluctantly did it again), I took back the sun catcher that had caused the trouble.

When will I learn?

1 comment:

Krista said...

This morning, Phoebe cried because Mallory was chewing her muffin too loudly. Then Mallory said Phoebe was rude and she'd never be a princess. So Phoebe cried some more. Then Mallory cried because she wasn't allowed to bring a toy to school and Phoebe was, so it's not fair.

I've probably said this before, but my deepest desire is to have a morning nanny.