Wednesday, August 18, 2010

i love it, love it not

I have lots of photos to share (mostly of my house) but I am too lazy to do all that needs to go into a photo post today.  So, rather, you get to enjoy this post of good and bad.  We have been in Tulsa for about three months and there are some things I love, love, love and a couple of things that I, well, don't. 

Things I Love About Tulsa
  • My House.  I love that the laundry room is right next to my bedroom.  I love my kitchen and living room.  I love that the boys have their own space upstairs. 
  • The close proximity of Target and my lovely house.  Oh how I love this.  The fact that I can get to my favorite store in about 3 minutes is so awesome!  Yesterday, the boys and I went at 4:45 and got back at 5:20.  In Edmond, this would have been impossible.  No way would I have ventured out a little before peak traffic time to go to a store that is one of the busiest in Edmond.  Love it!
  • There are other things close, close to us.  The movie theater.  Pizza.  Gas stations. Post Office.  Boys' pediatrician.  I don't want to go on and on about this or seem like I am bragging, but I've never had this before. 
  • Cherry Street Farmers Market. I have only been there once so far but it was beautiful.  I can't wait to go back.  My family enjoyed a farmers market breakfast the day after my mom, Jana and I went and I don't know if it was just thinking that this was fresh sausage, eggs and cheese or what, but it tasted delicious. And this isn't the only Farmers Market around. So we'll be checking those out as well...
  • The boys' school.  Sure it is big.  Sure it probably is overwhelming.  But Rhett gets to take Spanish.  And they have Art class. Art class!  Woo-hoo!  Noah's teacher is so organized, she sends home an email everyday about what they did that day.  I find that amazing. 

Things I Don't
  • The Drivers.  Oh they are awful.  They are rude and don't pay attention.  They honk at you for the slightest thing and are impatient. Blah.
  • The weather.  But I really can't say this is specific to Tulsa.  It was super hot in OKC too this summer.  And everywhere. But I haven't enjoyed it.
  • Some things are far away.  Like the baseball fields.  And Cherry Street.  Which isn't a big deal, really, because it is only about 20 minutes away. :) (That one is for you Dad!)
Ok, short list.  But I think I needed to get it off my chest.  Especially about the drivers.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I noticed how rude the drivers were the day that I was looking for the scrapbook store. I thought that it was because it was tax free weekend.

Krista said...

It's good that your pro list is longer than your con list!