Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Look back on summer, in song

Move to Tulsa, Say good-bye to good friends, Try not to cry
Pack it up, Move it Out, Thank God its not too far to go
Get the keys, change the locks, now its time to unpack boxes
Parents tired, Kids are wired, Up and down the stairs they go

New routine, what routine?, sleep late then watch tv
Rhett wants to play baseball, oh look! a summer league
Its so hot, I cry, help I'm melting, I'm a wimp
Soccer camp, no go, Noah's sad, plays the wii.

Unpack boxes, unpack boxes, are we even getting close?
Friends comes, Mom comes, then we hit the road
Road trip! Krista's house! lots of trees and kudzu
Family time, then good-bye, back on the road we go

Home in time to say so long, much needed girl's trip
Just in time...microwave and television on the fritz!
Lots of fun, Kansas City, Eclipse, love my friends
Get back home to find out I was really missed.




More family time, in-laws come, let's go watch baseball
Still hot, extreme heat, will summer ever end?
Rhett's a pitcher and first baseman, sometimes plays left field
He enjoys it, even loves it, and even  makes new friends.

Uncle Scott comes with his kids, more fun at aquarium
July's over, August starts, only 12 days till school begins
Time for one more visit from the cousins and my mom and dad
Nic and Isa, Cam and boys don't want their fun to end!

Painting Pottery just us girls, boys go to baseball game
Then Surprise! Jana's here! for a mini-vacay
Farmer's Market, Cherry Street, lots of veggies, eggs and cheese
Fun girl-time, bought some stuff, great start to a good day







Saturday night, Balloon Festival, 15th Year in Claremore
Balloons went high, Temp just right, Spirits then went really low
Parking Lot! Bad Business! Stuck in place for an hour
Kids gripey, Grown-ups grumpy, wished we had mojitos.















End of summer now is near, only a day til school starts
Boys excited, like their teachers, both their classrooms on second floor
Song now over, did you recognize it? ode to Billy Joel
Are you thinking this is bad : I can't take it anymore!!












4 comments:

H Noble said...

Great job Aimee! Its easy to think 'where did the summer go?' but your tribute will remind you in just one post how much you packed into a few short months!

Krista said...

Great song! (I did a similar thing for one of our high school yearbooks...Chris still teases me about it)

I wish I'd been at the balloon festival. Too cool. Mojitos would be nice too.

aimee said...

I know Krista! I remembered that and so you inspired me. I thought it was so cool!

We wished you were there too. Except the parking lot was a nightmare.

Karen said...

Great pictures. I asked Nico and Isa the other day what their favorite memory of their trip to Tulsa was. Nico - the movie and Isa - painting pottery. Mine was the balloon festival in spite of the parking lot disaster.