Friday, August 20, 2010

snapshots from my house- part 1

I have been busy this week.  Painting, hanging pictures, more painting.  Here are some photos of what I've been doing:

First, this photo does not do my framed picture justice. But here it is anyway.  It is a Ford Smith (and no, I never had heard of him either until I went to art.com looking for pictures that would look great above the fireplace.  But it sounds cool to say, "I have a Ford Smith.")  and I just love it.  Like I said, my photo is a terrible representation of it, so if you want to really see it, you must come visit me!

Just some new decorative balls in my glass vase.  Adding color to my life...

Who needs Pottery Barn?  Well, actually I do. I was inspired to do this because I saw something similar in their catalog.  But, I bought nothing new for this and now it is a collection of my favorite things.  (Oh by the way, Sandy and Melissa, I told Seth the next time we all got together we had to get pictures made of all of us. That way I have some to hang on the wall!) (And Mom and Krista, don't you think we need to have our pictures made again?  It has been almost 4 years!)
It is right by the front door, so when you walk in or if you sit in the office, you see it.  It truly makes me happy, it does.
One more picture.  The hallway to the garage is now our "art gallery."  Easy to be changed, but all created by Rhett and Noah.  Sorry about the mess on the floor.  Seems I am always painting or in between painting these days.  I am making my way upstairs...

This week I also drove to Clinton and met Casey on Tuesday.  Cam stayed with us for almost 2 weeks but he has to get back to school, so we were off as soon as the boys left on the bus.  We already miss him!

Last night we went to a Popscicles on the Playground for new families at the boys' school.  We actually met a few people and had a lovely time talking to adults.  (Ok, can you tell I haven't been talking to grown ups a lot lately?)

We have also gone somewhere after school almost every day because we had to get new shirts, we had to fix Rhett's glasses and today we have to get frozen yogurt.  (Maybe that is a want to.)

Tomorrow, we head back to Edmond for some birthday parties and some time with friends.  Even though it will be hectic and I doubt we see everyone we want to see, I am looking forward to this.

And then, Sunday is Seth's and my 12th anniversary.  We have actually been together 17 years (which coincidentally is how old we both were when we got together).  That means that next year, we will have been together longer than we have been without one another.  Wow.

And next week is going to be exciting as well.  I am starting a photography class at Tulsa Community College!  Judging by these photos, I really am looking forward to learning how to take pictures properly.  Seriously, this is something I have wanted to do for so long and I really want the pictures I see in my head to actually be the pictures that come out on the camera.  You know what I mean?  I hope to share my photos with you so be on the lookout!

One more thing:
It was Pop's birthday yesterday!! Happy Birthday Sammy!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Your print looks good. Ican hardly wait to see it in person. You have been busy!

Yes, I think that we do need new family pictures. When?

Happy anniversary to you and Seth. Have a good time in Edmond.

H Noble said...

Your house looks lovely and I love the arrangement in the entry! It does look like it came out of a magazine, so congrats on that!

And good luck in your photography class. I've been mildly interested myself, not enough to follow through, but I hope you love it.

And Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

The house is looking even prettier! Great job - you have been working hard.

I agree on the family picture. The last one I have of all of us was taken at our house when Noah was a baby. Love Melissa

Krista said...

I would love to take a photography class. You'll have to send me your notes!

Your arrangements look great. You're good at that stuff.