Wednesday, November 17, 2010

nothing gold can stay -Robert Frost

 The colors of the trees here are beautiful!  I have really been enjoying Fall this year.  This is my tree in the front yard.  I think it is an acorn tree and yes, there are Christmas lights on it!  I put those on today because it is only going to get colder. 


Also in the front, I planted some pansies and paperwhite bulbs, which are already coming up.  It will be nice this winter to look out and see spots of color in the otherwise dreary landscape.
 Do you see the bird in the lower left corner?  I didn't even realize I had gotten that!  Anyway, I have put  up some bird feeders and wow, the birds love to hang out in our backyard now.  They go through feed fast too, as you can see by the the empty feeder.  Actually, a lot of it ends up on the ground but they don't seem to mind that. 

Here is another picture of some birds, flying and just hanging out.  

Maple trees are really pretty right now too.  Ours in the backyard is just turning colors.  I wish fall would last longer but I know as soon as a big wind comes, the trees will be empty of their leaves.  Maybe it is doesn't last long because that way we won't ever take it for granted.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Fall too.  Only one more week until Thanksgiving and then December comes and goes so quickly.  It will be busy as usual so I'm thankful that I stopped and enjoyed the colors and nature for a few minutes. 

I'm also thankful that I got to spend some time talking to my mom today (its her birthday!).  Love you Mom!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I planted tulips & crocus this past weekend -- still holding off on my pansies...it is supposed to be 75 on Sunday! Love the pictures!

Christy

JNoble said...

Beautiful pictures! I love fall too.

Krista said...

The trees have been gorgeous here too -- I think I've waited too long to take pictures though.