Monday, November 01, 2010

parents are for remembering the good

Happy Halloween from two tough kids!

Iron Man:  Noah did not like his mask.  It smushed his nose.  He asked if I could put a nose piece on the mask.  I told him I don't think it would work.  His response, "Okay.  But I bet Tony Stark's mask doesn't smush his nose."  (Yes, he uses "smush".  So cute!)

Clone Trooper: Rhett didn't have a Clone Trooper gun which bothered him a lot, so in his bag, he carried his Nerf Gun.  He also told us after every house he went to that he couldn't see very well.  Then he said his foot hurt.  He was also hot. 

The boys went around our block, then decided to hand out candy.  I think they had fun but Rhett was bothered when some kids took more than just one.  Mr. Fair, that is my Rhett.  At bedtime, they said that this Halloween wasn't as much fun as last year.  I told them last year, Halloween wasn't on a school night.  This morning, Noah hoped that Christmas was more fun than Halloween was. 

Don't you hate when you reach that age when something you look forward to, like Halloween, ends up being just...so-so?  Well, I think the boys just hit that age.

Although, I wish when they think back to this Halloween, they would think about:

*Going to a Pumpkin Patch and getting to ride camels. 
*Going through a Cane Maze.
*Feeding goats and llamas and trying to feed a cow. (As Seth and I remarked how sad it is that our kids have to go to a petting zoo to see a cow.)
*Painting 2 huge pumpkins.
*Baking a Chocolate Cake on Halloween for Noah's homework assignment.
*Watching their scary movie of choice:  Mall Cop.  Yeah, they really weren't into scary movies this year.  So they chose Mall Cop.  Honestly, it was pretty frighteningly awful.

But I am sure they won't. And that's okay.  That is why they have us. 

3 comments:

Krista said...

Aw, I'm sorry they didn't have more fun. It is hard seeing them disappointed. I'm also sorry they don't remember the camel, although it is awesome that Noah's homework included chocolate cake.

Karen said...

The costumes looked good! Even though Noah's nose was smushed and Rhett was hot - they did look good.
Too bad that they didn't have more fun though.

Anonymous said...

Great costumes. Matthew had a REX Clone Captain costume and an extra gun that would have worked perfectly. They would have looked cool together. Matt opted out of the Rex costume on Halloween as the mask was bugging him. Our neighborhood was lame this year- only 4 houses with lights on. Thank goodness for a trunk or treat at our church. Melissa