Monday, November 08, 2010

on my list: watch The Fly

I have had every intention of posting more last week, but didn't.  So here are some things:

We went to our old neighborhood for a birthday party for one of the sweetest one-year old girls ever.  She cried though when we sang to her and didn't want anything to do with cake.  Very funny.

Yesterday Rhett started baseball pitching practice (for Spring baseball) and then we went to see Megamind, which was pretty funny. 

Noah disguised his paper turkey as Benjamin Franklin and it is adorable.  I forgot to take a picture of it!  Rhett thought of that disguise but Noah knew why.  "Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird! Not the eagle."

I am going to talk to a college advisor today.  About some things.  The extra push I needed:  Last night, Rhett says to me, "Mom, do you get bored during the day without your two sons and husband?"  Noah says, "No! She probably watches tv all day!"  Rhett says, "Do you watch tv all day?"  Noah:  "I bet she watches grown up shows like The Fly."   I laughed but this conversation hit home on what I've been thinking for awhile.  It is time. 

I'll let you know more when I know more.  Til then, have a great day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Aimee.

Moms are in a difficult position whether you work outside of the home of manage the chaos of the home. Scott takes Matthew and Sara to school in the mornings and I leave after they are out the door. My kids think I stay home all day and do who knows what since they house is very lived in and nothing is different from when they left in the morning :-). Until Rhett and Noah are managing a home of their own - they will never understand all it takes to make the chaos manageable and their lives pretty easy. I know I didn't realize how much my mom really did until I was there.

Best of luck meeting with the advisor. I can't wait to hear more. melissa

Karen said...

Good luck.

Watching tv all day! Ha!

Krista said...

I am intrigued and want details!

Anonymous said...

Ditto...you've got curious!

Christy

Anonymous said...

Okay -- it should be you've got ME curious. :)

Christy