Friday, November 12, 2010

waiting for the glue to dry

Because I can't seem to talk myself into buying the aforementioned (I love this word) shark quite yet (hoping it goes on sale or something because seriously, $119 for a wire shark seems like a lot), I decided to make Noah a paper mache shark.  I told him what I was doing, because this was the first he's heard about decorating his room this way, and he was excited.  In case you were wondering, the shark is added to the photograph this and share it on blog list.

Also on the list:  a picture of me.  With my new glasses.  The eye doctor said I didn't have to wear them all the time, but I was amazed when I put them on and could see clearly again. 

What else?  Rhett went back to school today after being home sick for two days.  So he missed the Veteren's Day assembly at school and couldn't share his interview with my dad. Bummer.

I did talk myself into buying a dining table and chairs for the empty dining room in our house.  So excited.  Also on the list...when it comes AND I repaint that room AND hang new curtains. 

I just realized I still have a lot to do.

Going to paint the shark now.  Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Krista said...

You are brave to attempt anything with paper mache. I still remember the paper mache puppet we made in 3rd grade art. Least favorite project ever. But, I can't wait to see your shark! Your table too.