Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Being boys i.e. Captains of Adventure

Well, I talk about boys

Don't ya know I mean boys

Well, I talk about boys, now

Aaahhh, boys

Well, I talk about boys, now

What a bundle of joy!
                                -from the Beatles "Boys"

Don't you just love boys?  The drink mustache (I think its Sunkist), the sunscreen residue in their hair, the sweaty sideburns...
the freckles that dot their faces, the wide, holey smiles, the cool shades...


Day 1 of our Summer Adventure included getting new sunglasses because this is Rhett's first time to wear the ones he has always wanted to wear with the rainbow lenses.  So excited! Rhett wears his contacts most days now, unless I'm not there to help him put them in.  This, we are working on.   We also went on a picnic at the riverside.  This will be an ongoing adventure because the boys really want to explore the river but today we were not in a good spot.  We walked down a small trail, slid down a small hill (even me), and looked around at the trashy and stinky water.  Like I said, not a good spot.  So, I hoisted the boys back up and they pulled me back on the trail (Rule #1 of being a good Captain of Adventure:  Always help the smallest person up a hard spot to climb first, then they can all help pull the biggest.  It worked really well.  Thank goodness or I'd still be there at the waterside!) 

After walking around the playground a bit, we then decided to go back home and play Beatles Rockband where we jammed to some good tunes, including the one at the top of this post.

Now, we are taking a break and waiting for Seth so we can go swimming at the pool. 

Ahh, summer...

Oh and we are working on getting along with each other also.  See how well its going?

2 comments:

Krista said...

Hey, Noah's wearing short sleeves!

You're an adventurous mom. That's cool.

Karen said...

Love the sunglasses!

You are adventurous. What great memories you are making!