Thursday, June 30, 2011

my closets are really clean, y'all

Noah is very talented but not at balancing balls on his head.  Someone was behind him, holding it. 

This week's most exciting thing for me so far was cleaning out all of my closets (except one).  Yay, clean closets!!  Yeah, not that exciting.  But, but!, I did have a fun weekend and so did the boys.

I went to Dallas with some of my friends from Edmond and we had fun shopping at Sam Moon and Ikea (Krista, I bought the pillow! and the whole set of dishes!!).  And I know now that every trip to Dallas will include a trip to Sam Moon.  It has accessories and handbags galore!  I bought two purses and could have bought more but reigned myself in. 

While I was having a good ole' time in Texas, the boys went to Relay for Life with Seth.  His company sponsored a team so they went down there and had a great time for a really great cause.  I think they had ice cream around midnight? Then they watched Cars 2 the next day.  By the time I came home, all three were exhausted!!

So we haven't done much this week which is okay. 

I did watch The Kennedys miniseries on Netflix and wondered what exactly was so controversial about it that it was not shown on The History Channel.  It actually painted them in a very sympathetic light and nothing that everyone doesn't already know was in there. 

This being the last day of June and all, I find myself looking forward to July.  Here's what we've got going on:

  • Fourth of July Laser Show in Canyon, TX (the boys are more excited about this than they ever were for fireworks)
  • Summer Drama Workshop (I can't fathom that I'll be the one watching the plays this time.  I used to be in those plays!! I just hope the boys have as much fun as I did.)
  • Seeing good friends (I was going to say 'old friends' but decided that I don't like using that word to describe people my own age anymore.  Ha!)
  • Spending time with the families
  • Dry heat (You think I'm crazy, but all of us are having such bad allergies, I welcome no humidity for awhile.)
  • Harry Potter!!!
  • a slow month.  I really hope it doesn't go too fast.
Happy 4th of July, because I know I won't be blogging before then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've only cleaned one closet this summer...and it wasn't even the worst!

Hope I'm one of the "old friends"! :)

Christy