Tuesday, June 07, 2011

a weekend away with my sister

This past weekend was so much fun!  I loved getting to see Krista and hang out.  It had been too long.  I really didn't take that many pictures but we did a lot. 

The photos we did take are from the Segway Tour of Charlotte.  Segways are the funnest way to travel for sure. 

Here are two beautiful pictures of my sister and me:


But, really, we do look awesome.  These were taken before we were allowed to get on them.  You should have seen us once we were though, zipping along.  I was amazed at the muscles you use in your feet, legs and back.  I don't know how much we learned about Charlotte (the tour guide was fun, but didn't know much) but honestly, I didn't care. 
We went through one of the oldest cemetaries in Charlotte and it was segregated.  Here is a poignant headstone that our guide pointed out:

This one was interesting as well:
The man was killed by a lion! 

We went through beautful parks and greenways and made our way to Uptown (which is Charlotte's Downtown) and I had to take a picture of this for the boys:
The Carolina Panther! This is emabarrassing to admit, but Krista and I couldn't remember the name of the NFL team that plays in Charlotte.  Had no idea.  When the tour guide said something about the Carolina Panthers, we both were like, "Oh yeah!"  So yes, here is the panther.  Looks kind of scary.

We also went to Ikea (spent 3 hours there!), and did some shopping at a mall and basically did things that you don't want to do when your kids are around because it is too much work.  It was great!

Hold On*! We also watched Bridesmaids and laughed and laughed.  So funny. 

I can't forget to say that I also saw Krista's husband.  He was there for a Heroes Comic convention and so I didn't see much of him but it was nice to catch up.  He has a new blog called The Temple of Kemple which showcases his art. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

But it is back to life.  Rhett is at Vacation Bible School (Noah refused to go) this week.  We'll probably go to the pool a lot because its hot, hot, hot.  Rhett also wants to go to church camp this weekend but I think I missed the deadline on that one.  Oops.  He won't be happy with me but I think we may get to go to a baseball game on Saturday, so that will make up for it, hopefully. 

I'll leave you with something that Krista made.  It is my favorite thing ever:


Isn't it adorable? I love it.  And he is waving! Aww... Be still, my heart.  :)

{thanks, sis for a fantastic weekend and my owl.  thanks, chris for getting the boys awesome comic books! they've been busy drawing their own after reading the ones you got for them.}

*a surprise from the movie-one of my favorite (girl) bands from the 90s had a cameo.  Can you guess which one?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hold on for one more day..." Ahh, the jr. high years! Though the movie for sure will not win any awards, it was certainly good for a laugh!

Glad you had a great time...now you need to come to exotic & always exciting LBK!

Christy

Karen said...

What fun! I don't think of people in the US getting killed by a lion. How interesting.

The penguin is so cute.

Glad that you and Krista had fun together.

Krista said...

We did have a good time. I want to go on a Segway tour of every American city now!

That's a good picture of my owl!