Thursday, June 02, 2011

oh what beautiful webs they weave

Yesterday, we watched a small spider weave her web.  I assume it was a she, but we kept calling it a he, so who knows?  The wind was whipping the web back and forth and it looked like the spider was on one heck of a thrill ride, but she still continued until she was done.  Then she went back to the middle to wait.  It was pretty amazing. 

After it got dark, we climbed up onto their fort to roast marshmallows (with candles-it was funny) and to begin reading Tom Sawyer.  We only got through the first chapter and then I had to explain what happened because the language is such that we all are not used to (pantaloons, anyone?) but I have to admit that I started laughing when Tom and the boy dressed in the pantaloons were fighting over whether or not Tom would beat him up lick him. 

Tonight we have our last baseball game. Rhett is ready for a break from baseball (as we all are).  And then tomorrow, I am flying to Charlotte, NC to see Krista and Chris! I can hardly wait! Right now I can't decide whether or not to bring my good camera.  It is kind of bulky so I think I'll take my older, smaller one.  I am also trying to fit everything into a small "weekend" bag.  I don't think "weekend" bags were made for women but I'll try. 

I'll leave you with this:
I took some photos of the solar lights hung out on the fort, where we roasted marshmallows.  I wanted to mainly to work on taking photos at night.  This is without the flash, on auto.

 This one above is on manual, and after working on shutter speed and white balance and ISO.  I can see why people need tripods when taking photos at night because the shutter speed is very slow.
So slow that you can't move or it will blur.  But I did this one above on purpose.  I shook the camera as I took the picture and this was the result.  Kind of cool.

Ok, enough of the boring light pictures.  Hopefully, next week I'll have some of Charlotte.  Til then, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Very cool pictures!

I'll bring my good camera...and you can show me how to use it!

See you in about 24 hours!

Karen said...

Have a great time.